Statement of the Consular Department on the change of providing consular services (11 March, 2020)
a) Given the increasing number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, Georgia’s diplomatic representations and consular offices abroad will restrict providing on-site services.
Restrictions will not apply to online consular services.
In cases of emergency, citizens of Georgia will contact the respective embassy or the consulate via phone or e-mail ( +31618542874 )
The rules below will apply if citizens of Georgia are faced with the immediate necessity of visiting the consular office in person:
- A visiting citizen (except for minors) must appear at the consulate alone, without accompanying persons.
- A visiting citizen must appear at the consulate exactly at the scheduled time (neither early nor late).
- A citizen having flu symptoms or having been in contact with coronavirus-infected person must not appear at the consulate.
- A visiting citizen must wear protective mask and other attributes.
- A visiting citizen must use disinfectant at the entrance of the consular office.
- A visiting citizen must avoid direct contact with the consular personnel.
- A visiting citizen must avoid touching objects other than disinfectants and other service-related items.
b) Citizens of foreign countries will receive their services online.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to prolong restrictions in the event that the situation deteriorates.